Translation and Dictionary
The number of language translation and dictionary sites on the internet is impressive. Want to translate to/from one of the
Tolkien languages? How about Klingon? (pollaH pagh polHa'laH).
I have listed some highlights below.
- Google Translate
- Want to translate something? Why not start with Google? They cover lots of languages and their site can read the source text and/or the translated text out loud.
- SDL International
- A very nice site that differenciates between American and Spain versions of Spanish
- Travlang's On-line Translating Dictionaries
- One site that has some words that no others do
- Great for single word, in-depth translations. They have some incredible references for free! Don't pass this one up!
- An exellent free learning resource, in addition to being a decent dictionary of Spanish:
- For those who need an excellent Spanish dictionary (todo en español):
- Real Academia Española
- The gold standard in Spanish dictionaries, Real Academia Española. It is to Spanish what the Oxford Dictionary is to English!:
- For those interested in the Tongues of Arda, the invented world of J.R.R. Tolkien:
- Can't we all get along, try Esperanto:.
- Your Dictionary.com
- The ultimate resource for finding online translations and dictionaries with nice thesaurus features:.
This page sourcecode was last updated:
August 27, 2013